Thursday, June 21, 2007

Let me be a lesson to others

Remember several weeks ago when Fred and I took Ginger to Louisville to see the frisbee dogs? That same day Ginger was experiencing a burst of FRAP (that's: Frenetic Random Activity Periods) while she was on her flexi-leash, and she went zinging by me, causing the leash to rub up against my shins. Here's what it looks like, over a month later:



I'm scarred for life!

Of course, people frequently notice the bizarre line I have engraved across the fronts of my legs. I tell them that Fred beats me, because really what is the point of having a visible injury if you can't have a little fun with it?

I shudder to imagine though what the results would have been had it been the face or neck of a small child instead of my middle-aged shins that got in the way of the flying leash. So if you're using a flexi-leash with your dog (and we still do, because it's the best way for her to have a chance to run around like a maniac outside, given that we never let her run loose), be vewy vewy careful. The shins you save could be your own.

No comments: