Friday, June 15, 2007

Blogging from my Louisville office

For the past 2 weeks, Annabelle has been participating in the summer session of Broadway Boot Camp up here in Louisville. Fortunately, one of our neighbors is also attending, which has allowed us to trade off driving.

For the first couple of days, I was all about the shopping. Soon though, it became obvious that I needed a way to get some work done while I'm up here, so I started bringing my clunky old laptop computer along. I discovered that Heine Brothers Coffee on Frankfort Avenue has free wireless, so I have adopted it as my home away from home.

When it's my turn to drive, I drop the kids off at their program and then set up shop at Heine Brothers. Yesterday I worked for most of the morning and then took myself to the movies. Today I think I'll hang out here for a couple hours and catch up on my bookkeeping and write an article that I've been putting off for weeks, and then I'll take myself out for one last shopping extravaganza.

Boot Camp ends this weekend. I will miss my coffee-shop office, but I won't miss the drive!

No comments: