Sunday, May 21, 2006

Field trip

On Thursday, I chaperoned Annabelle's class on a field trip to the Louisville Science Center and had a wonderful time. The museum was really crowded, and I was a little nervous about losing a kid, but we had a great little group, and everybody hung together well.

I was so busy counting kids (1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, etc.) that I have little to no memory of the exhibits except for one really cool machine that took a picture of a child and then "aged" the image to show what said child would look like at various stages of his or her life. That was a really popular exhibit with a huge line.

After lunch we watched the IMAX film "Australia: Land Beyod Time." The movie was great, and it was nice to just relax in the comfy seats and take a break from counting kids.

When our bus arrived at the science center that morning at 10 a.m., I was worried that 4 hours wasn't going to be enough time to see and do everything. By 2 p.m. though, my feet were killing me, and I was ready to head for home.

Here are a few pictures of our group enjoying the museum:

No comments: