Sunday, December 04, 2005

Weather forecast: Sun tomorrow, betcher bottom dollar

We just got back from Louisville. Fred and I took the kids up there this evening to see the touring show of Annie. It was a great show and lots of fun. Annabelle says she still ranks Cats as her all-time favorite, but she liked this one a lot, too. I don't know which she enjoyed more though--seeing kids perform or seeing a dog on stage! (Mike claimed to be going only because I insisted that he come along, but I think he enjoyed it.)

Right before the curtain went up, they made an announcement: "The part of the stray dog in the dog catcher's cart is played tonight by Heidi. The Louisville Humane Society will have information available in the lobby during intermission for anybody interested in adopting Heidi." Naturally, I stayed clear of the lobby for the whole evening, but I still got to spend the intermission squirming in discomfort while the kids begged for a dog (Annabelle) or a second cat (Mike).

ANNABELLE: Why can't we get a dog?!

ME: We just bought a white carpet.

ANNABELLE: But I never asked for a carpet!

Some future therapist is going to make a mint off of my kids.

No comments: