Sunday, December 18, 2005

Our own personal REFORGER

I'm sure my military readers know what REFORGER means: "REturn of FORces to GERmany," a huge annual Army field exercise designed to reassure NATO of our willingness and ability to stop the Russians at the gap. The Army held its last REFORGER in 1993, but I am pleased to report that I will be carrying on the tradition. Well, at least the part about returning to Germany; don't look to me to be fighting the Russians (except for maybe that one jerk-face Kremlin guard).

Yep, the kids and I are coming back for 3 glorious weeks this summer! Mike has been hounding me for quite some time to at least send him back, but one ticket from Louisville to Frankfurt during the summer is at least $1000. Through careful internet surfing, I was able to secure 3 roundtrip, nonstop tickets between Orlando and Frankfurt for . . . I hope you're sitting down . . . $1559. Total. For 3 people. In the summer.

So, Germany, brace yourself. We're coming back!

No comments: