Sunday, August 19, 2007

Curtain call

What a whirlwind week! After daily rehearsals Monday through Thursday, "Little Mermaid" went live with 2 shows on Friday (one during the school day and one at night) and 1 Saturday afternoon. I went to the Friday night performance, and Fred and I both went to the Saturday one.

The show was terrific! It is truly amazing how much they accomplished in just 5 short days.

Annabelle was one of the "Sea Scouts," which come on stage for a couple of musical numbers, take on different rolls (such as the dragon seen in the photo below and a band of sinister soldiers), and move scenery around between scenes.

I tried taking pictures during the show, but I didn't get very good results since I couldn't use flash. My dragon photo is the only one that was halfway decent (Annabelle is the third set of feet from the right):



I had better luck getting this video clip of the sinister (and somewhat silly) soldiers:



Before we knew it, it was time for the final curtain call, and Missoula Children's Theatre was over for us for the year. That's Annabelle in the back row, holding the dolphin:

No comments: