Monday, August 13, 2007

1 week down, 35 to go

Can you believe that today begins the second full week of school for this year? I feel like I've been tossed into a raging river, and it's just sweeping me along, while I shout, "Wait! Summer's not over yet!"

I know a lot of parents get a warm tingly feeling about the kids going back to school, but it just doesn't seem to work that way for me. First, there is the whole business of getting up at the crack of dawn, which I just detest. Then, there is dealing with all the school-related deadlines and pressures, which is almost (but not quite) as bad as getting up at 6 a.m.

The beginning of school for the kids also means that my schedule is about to get a lot busier. I'm the sophomore class parent rep for the high school PTO and plan on being involved with the middle school PTO as well. I'm the band boosters' treasurer and supposedly the cheerboosters' treasurer as well, although the cheerleading team had kind of a rocky summer, and I'm not really sure what's going on there.

I'm on the school board this year, and we have our first meeting on Thursday. Plus, I'm on the School Transition Response Team, which meets quarterly.

I've also got the monthly OCSC luncheons and International Spouses Club coffees. Plus, OCSC has 2 major fundraisers a year, and I always help out with those.

On top of that, I've got my indexing work and my library school classes, which will be starting up again next week. And then, of course, there's all the household stuff and driving kids to their various activities.

The year has hardly begun, but I'm already looking forward to a vacation!

No comments: