Sunday, January 05, 2020

Tap, tap, tap . . . is this thing on?

Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it?

For the past couple of years, Annabelle and I have participated in the "xx goals for 20xx" project championed by 2 of my favorite podcasts, Happier and Happier in Hollywood. Basically, you set 18 goals for 2018, 19 goals for 2019, and now 20 for 2020. Oh, and there's also a word for the year. Last year my word was "flexibility"; this year it's "focus" (get it? 20/20 as a vision measurement?)

I have set my 20 intentions for the year, some of which are carryovers--some successful, some not--but many of which are brand new. I wanted a place to keep track of my progress on these various goals, and this blog seemed like the obvious choice. I feel a little weird to be blogging as One-Tired Mom though. I am still tired, still a mom, and still longing to learn how to ride the unicycle, but my kids have grown up and moved out on their own. In fact, now I could be called One-Tired Grandma. But this blog still feels like home to me, so I'm firing it back up for purposes of this project.

Here in alphabetical order is what I hope to accomplish before 2021 rolls around:
  1. 1 Second Every Day: continue for the third year
  2. 20 flights of stairs daily
  3. Curate my wardrobe and makeup collection
  4. Deployment: support Mike, Sarah, and Violet
  5. Digitize home movies and photographs
  6. German: Duolingo and Deutsche Welle news podcast daily for the third year
  7. Home improvement project: TBD
  8. Knitting: Finish my Irish fisherman’s sweater and make Sam’s Christmas stocking
  9. Learn how to use GitHub
  10. Learn Python
  11. Listen to the Washington Post’s Presidential podcast
  12. Organize files - paper and digital
  13. Read 20 books
  14. Read Washingtonian magazine monthly
  15. Sew Annabelle’s anteater PJ pants and the “trash friends” dress
  16. Succulent project: wreath, planter?
  17. Travel someplace with Fred that isn't visiting family
  18. Unicycle: finally learn how to ride
  19. Visit my parents
  20. Wedding: support Sam and Annabelle in planning

No comments: