Monday, May 12, 2014

Reaching out from the future

It's January 18, 2015, as I'm writing this. I'm horribly behind on my blog, mostly for one really big reason: I got a full-time job! I'm not going to say where in hopes of not having Google link my blog and my employer, but maybe this picture will give you a hint:



I really love my job. It's in Crystal City, which is a really cool area of Arlington:





We have amazing fringe benefits, such as "the pantry," which is stocked with all kinds of goodies including name-brand cereals, all free for the munching:



It's a perfect fit for me, but getting used to working 37.5 hours a week (not 40! another cool thing!) has been a huge adjustment. Add to that a year's worth of vision problems and all the time I spend on the computer at work, and the last thing I want to do in the evenings is get back on the computer. Also, I feel somewhat overwhelmed by the quantity of photos I have now that I have a phone with a decent camera. And furthermore, I think Facebook gets a lot of stuff that the blog used to be an outlet for.

BUT I dearly love having all these years of blogging to look back on, especially with regard to photos, and I don't want to let that fall by the wayside. So I'm making a concerted effort to bring the blog back up to date, but with more photos and probably less writing. So please stick with me as I get my blogging house put back in order.

No comments: