Tuesday, December 24, 2013

How to grow a stocking

My Grandma Grace made Christmas stockings for all of her great-grandchildren, so one of the first things I thought when I heard my cousin Terri was expecting was: "Oh, no! What about the stocking?" Fortunately, my mom found the pattern in the bench to Grandma's sewing table. Unfortunately, I procrastinated on getting started until the eleventh hour. When Annabelle was home for Thanksgiving, she and I went to Michaels and found the same yarn Grandma had used for the others, and I got to work. I was determined to get this stocking done by Christmas!

December 5:



December 6 (If you look at the bottom, you can see Annabelle's stocking, which I referred to quite often.):



December 7:



December 10:



December 14:



December 17:



December 19:



I handed the stocking over to UPS on Friday, and today Terri sent me a picture to show me that it had made it:



I think Grandma would be pleased!

No comments: