Thursday, February 28, 2013

Just like Grandma used to make

One of my favorite foods that my Grandma Jernigan used to make is cheesy potatoes. Grandma wasn't a big one for rigid recipes with specific amounts, so that's kind of how I do these. Sometimes they come out better than others; tonight they came out especially delicious, when the recipe went something like this:

Boil some cut-up and peeled potatoes in salted water until they are soft enough to mash. Drain and mash. Toss in some butter. A half a stick might be enough. Put in more sour cream than you think you need. I'd say at least a cup. Now add grated sharp cheddar cheese by the handful. Stir it all up. Hmmm . . . better add some more cheese. Stir some more. Press it into a casserole dish and bake it. I think I did these at 350 degrees for 30 or 40 minutes:



This goes especially well with ham!

No comments: