Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sad news

My Grandma Grace died yesterday of congestive heart failure. She had been in an out of the hospital several times this year and had been on supplemental oxygen since last spring. She stayed mentally sharp though, and I'm glad I was able to visit with her 3 times since February. Our most recent visit was last month, when we spent some time going through photo albums I took to Florida with me.

Here's a picture of Grandma and Dave from their wedding in January of 2005:



Dave, thank you for taking such good care of Grandma! It takes a special person to keep up with somebody like her, with her busy schedule and her sense of adventure. I'm glad you're part of our family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really married into a lovely family and will keep in touch. My six years with Grace were wonderful for both of us. We made a good match.

I will continue to read your great blog.

Love,

Dave
Dave