Monday, February 21, 2011

Again with the bullets!

Once again, I've gone for way longer than intended without updating the blog. I'm supposed to work Tuesday through Thursday at the library, but lately my days have been wonky because of making up for time lost due to snow or travel. Week before last, for example, I worked Monday through Wednesday and then drove with Annabelle to Kentucky on Thursday to meet up with Mike and cheer on the FKHS swim team at their regional meet. Drove back here on Sunday and then worked Monday through Thursday. That Friday was my first day in forever of just being home alone.

So, let's see . . . what's the latest?
  • First of all, Mr. Stinky has a new house. He was looking so cramped in his old pot, so I bought this nice, new one at Target. I know this sounds crazy, but I swear he looks more relaxed. Also, we added a desk lamp to the plant shelf in the kitchen at the beginning of winter, and all the plants seem a lot warmer and happier:


  • Kids. They find the strangest ways to make you proud. A couple weekends ago, Mike participated in FSU's Krispy Kreme Challenge and came in THIRD! The challenge is, how long does it take for you to run 2 miles, eat a dozen donuts, and run 2 miles back (all without puking)? For me, the answer would be: at least a week. For Mike, the answer is 33 minutes and 25 seconds:


  • Check out Annabelle on her way to the Winter Royalty dance at her school this past weekend! Isn't she lovely?





    We got SO lucky with that dress. We were striking out online at Nordstrom, Macys, all my usual go-to places. We found that one at [hushed voice]Sears[/hushed voice], but it was out of stock! We were able to track it down at Overstock.com, and when it arrived it fit her perfectly. Seriously, it was like Cinderella's shoe or something. I couldn't believe we didn't need to at least get it hemmed.

    She met friends at the dance and had a great time. I've got to say, as much as the high points in Kentucky were really high, this is the most consistently happy on a day to day basis that I've seen Annabelle since I don't even know when.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, so glad to hear Annabelle is having a great year! The dress is gorgeous and the girl wearing it is even more gorgeous!

Glad to hear Mike is having fun in college, too! I mean, running and eating donuts sounds fun TO ME.

(This is the blogger formerly known as Badger, by the way. Posting under my new ID!)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Annabelle! I'm so glad that she is having such a good time in her new school, etc. How lucky you were to find a dress just made for her!

Mike did WHAT? All those lovely Krispy Kreme donuts--he probably didn't even taste them eating them that fast. (Who bought those donuts anyway?)
Oh, well, boys will be boys. Congratulations on your third-place win, Mike.