Monday, February 12, 2007

The party continues

My actual birthday weekend turned out to be kind of a tough time for celebrating--the kids were gone for a lot of it, and on Sunday Fred came down with some horrible disease that laid him out flat and even kept him home from work on Monday (which, for Fred, means REALLY sick). Even though I knew it had been a tough weekend, by Sunday night I couldn't help but feel a little deflated that my 40th birthday had been such a non-event. So yesterday was Bonnie's Birthday: Part II.

We went up to Louisville to have supper at the Hard Rock Cafe. Every time we travel, we make a point of hitting any Hard Rocks we come across, but we had never been to this one in the entire year and a half we have lived here. I had 2 Bahama Mamas with my meal, and it was goooooooood.

When we got home, I was banished upstairs while there was much scurrying around downstairs. Finally, Annabelle made me close my eyes and led me by the hand (while Mike tried to move the hatrack into my path) into the dining room, which had been redecorated in honor of the occasion:



They sang "Happy Birthday" to me, and we had ice-cream cake and presents. Annabelle made me a Bonnie Puppet Pal, in the tradition of the Potter Puppet Pals she enjoys watching on YouTube:



(It's me in my grub suit!)

Here I am with the kids:



It was a very nice celebration, and NOW my birthday is over.

No comments: