Monday, April 10, 2006

Baubles from Norway

I took part recently in a most interesting gift exchange. I sent Karla the Texpatriate a book containing scary travel stories about places she was getting ready to visit, and she sent me beautiful, handmade, one-of-a-kind jewelry. I think we know who got the better end of THAT bargain:



You really should go over to Karla's blog right now and read about her current trip to Thailand, because I promise you that she is much more interesting than I am. My whole life these days revolves around this enormous indexing project that I lucked into and while indexing is intellectually stimulating in the extreme, it does not--alas!--make for very good blogging. ("So I decided that rather than double-post it, I would simply make a cross reference . . . " See what I mean? It simply doesn't compare to visiting exotic markets and feeding monks and getting covered in baby-elephant snot.)

Thanks, Karla--I love the earrings and bracelet!

No comments: