Saturday, November 19, 2005

Look, everybody, it's Santa Claws!

No sooner had we gotten the new furniture delivered than Eddie claimed it as his own personal scratching post. That's why we've been living in THIS living room for over a week now:



I knew that we had to do something, because allowing him to destroy this furniture is just not an option. My mother would disown me if I had him declawed, so I had to find a suitable alternative.

Lo and behold, I found Softpaws on the web. Softpaws are "vinyl nail caps that are applied to your cat's claws. This amazing product effectively covers the claws so no damage occurs when your cat scratches." Maybe it's the feline equivalent of the Thighmaster or the Ronco Veg-o-matic, but I was willing to give it a try.

My Softpaws arrived in the mail the other day, along with my naked chocolate peeing boy (see previous post). I quickly decided though that the application of said Softpaws was probably better left to a professional. I can't imagine a happy ending for any situation involving me, a cat, a tube of Super Glue, and a bunch of tiny plastic bits. So I found a groomer who was willing to apply them for me, and we just got home with Eddie and his new, improved feet.

Here he is, sporting his special pedicure just in time for the holidays:



It's hard to tell from the picture, but I chose the 2-toned, red and green claw covers:



Ho ho ho!

No comments: