Saturday, January 18, 2020

19 in 2019 lookback: 1 Second Everyday

At the end of 2017, I learned about this really cool app called 1 Second Everyday. The idea is that every day you shoot one second of video and then mash it together into a compilation at the end of your chosen time period. I decided it would be fun to do for 2018, so I bought the app and diligently added my one-second clip each day. By the end of 2018, I was starting to lose interest, and I felt like I was forgetting to do it all day and then adding yet another random clip. On New Year's Eve though, when I mashed my clips together (and added music through the app Splice), I was entranced with the results:


So I entered 2019 with great enthusiasm for making another year-in-review video, but this time I tried to be much more intentional to make sure that I included a wider range of friends and family. The results:


I really feel like this project has made me happier. I begin each day by thinking about what or whom I am going to include in my clip for the day, which makes me more mindful of paying attention to the important things in my day.

No comments: