Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Book report

I started keeping track of my annual reading several years ago with LibraryThing. I enjoy entering my books read and "tagging" them with appropriate labels (baby librarian, remember). I always include the year as a tag, which makes it easy for me to gather them together at the end of the year.

I thought that using LibraryThing would encourage me to read more, but it hasn't really. I went from 44 books in 2007 and 45 books in 2008 to only 24 in 2009. I was back up to 29 for 2010.

I blame my eyes. Reading seems to be a lot more work than it used to be. I call it "lexile dysfunction" and wish for a little blue pill to rescue me.

I think it's interesting that of my 29 books for the past year, 6 of them were read in electronic format on Annabelle's nook, the e-reader from Barnes and Noble. I love reading on the nook! I can make the type as big as I need it, and I enjoy turning "pages" with the click of a button. I got my own nook for Christmas, and I am thrilled with it. I've also got the nook app for my new cell phone, which is nice for reading in the middle of the night without turning on a light.

Anyway, here's what I read in 2010:

No comments: