Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas, the extended version

Shortly after Thanksgiving, I sent 2 boxes of presents to Fred in Afghanistan. One showed up the day after Christmas, but the other was MIA. When the kids and I got home from Florida though, it was here at Knox waiting for us. (I had put the wrong address on the box, but it was the same wrong address I have put on every other box I have ever sent him.) I slapped the new address on the box and sent it back on its way, and it finally arrived late last week. So last night we gathered around the computer to watch Fred (FINALLY) open his Christmas presents, which was nice.

Yesterday, Fred also emailed me the pictures of him serving Christmas dinner in his dress blues:

embassy-christmas-animated

I love a man in uniform (and a Santa hat)!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Maybe they'll make the Santa hat part of his official uniform!

Claire said...

The pictures go by so fast...what are those rectangular white things on the tables...are they cake? or are they boxes with pizza?

Teresa said...

Looks like cake to me!

Bonnie said...

I think they're cakes.