Monday, December 28, 2009

Room with a view

My dad made this really cool panorama of the living room/kitchen in our Christmas beach house:



I continue to fret over the blog changes. My current project is getting my list of favorite blogs the way I want it on the sidebar. With my old template, I was using Blogrolling.com, and that's what I have up for now. I liked having the little button added to my browser toolbar that would allow me to instantly add a new blog to the list. About a year ago or so though, they started putting an ad banner up across the top of the screen when you click through to a new blog, and that bugs me. I've contemplated using Google Reader to organize my links, but I hate having to copy and paste the link into Reader in order to subscribe. No toolbar button--REALLY, Google? I find that hard to believe.

5 comments:

Fred said...

AWESOME!!!
We need to rent such a place for a week when I get back!

Heather said...

I have not wrote to you in awhile, Bonnie. I have been so busy with my volunteer position.
I am still in Germany at least until the end of the year. My husband has a deployment coming up, only six months though.
The beach place looks wonderful. I glad you had a great time there.
Want wish you a Happy New Year!

Heather

Bonnie said...

Fred, if Mike goes to a FL school, maybe we can borrow the house for a few days when we bring him down to drop him off.

Heather, good to hear from you! How are things in Germany? Happy New Year!

Karla said...

that's a cool picture. And a great space.

I hear you on blog annoyances. I got forced into changing my comments service, or lose all my comments, from 5 years of blogging. ARgh.

anyhow, Happy New Year Bonnie! Som day we have to meet face to face, don't you think?

Bonnie said...

Hey, Karla! I decided not to worry too much about losing my comments. In fact, I spend a lot of time fretting about how awful I am at responding to comments, so I'm going to look at this as starting off with a blank slate.

If I don't make it to Norway one of these days, I will catch you at your parents' when we are living in Kansas. I think they are only a few hours from Leavenworth, no?