Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ain't no Eagle like a Fort Knox Eagle!*

OK, one more and then I swear I'm done for tonight. I just wanted to share a story I read about on a friend's Facebook page. Her son is one of Mike's friends from the swim team, and he also plays soccer. They had an away game last night against one of the county schools, and when it came time to play the national anthem, there was an announcement that due to a missing CD, there would be no star-spangled bannering that night. According to my friend: "The North Hardin players turned to take their positions on the field and the refs entered the field for play. The Fort Knox Boys did not move from line, but instead began singing the national anthem. As the crowd and the North Hardin players realized what was going on, they all stopped and joined in. WAY TO GO, FORT KNOX!!!!!" Doesn't that just make you feel a little tingly?

*with apologies to Auburn University

No comments: