Sunday, February 08, 2009

So THIS is that global warming I've heard so much about

We made it into the low 60s today and expect the trend to continue at least until the middle of the week. I was still slipping on ice in my driveway as recently as Friday, and today I wore sandals. Some people are meant to live in warm climates, and I am one of them. My whole mood is brighter when I'm not freezing my tail off.

I have a lot of work to do transferring my video clips from Regionals to the computer and getting them posted online. I thought it was going to happen today but apparently it's not. So I'll just give the quick and dirty report and save the videos for (I hope) tomorrow.

Mike qualified for day 2 in all 4 of his events. Final results:

200 medley relay: 2:01.82 (9th place)

200 IM: 2:33.46 (10th place)

200 freestyle relay: 1:45.37 (8th place)

100 breaststroke: 1:15.01 (10th place)

Too bad that videostream didn't work as expected yesterday. The site says they are uploading new copies of the swimming competition, but so far all they have is the same 11-minute grainy clip they had yesterday.

I can't believe swim season is all over!

No comments: