Saturday, August 02, 2008

Midnight shopping trip

For the past few months, Annabelle has said that at midnight on August 2, she would be standing in line at the bookstore waiting to get her hands on Breaking Dawn, the latest volume in the Twilight series. We always assumed that the bookstore in question would be Barnes and Noble down in E'town. I happened to call early yesterday evening, however, to make certain that they would indeed be celebrating the midnight launch and found out that no, they wouldn't but their sister stores in Louisville would.

I cannot even begin to tell you how NOT thrilled I was at the idea of driving to Louisville (and home again) in the middle of the night. For one thing, I had just spent the whole day there with Annabelle, buying her back-to-school clothes. For another, I just don't see that well at night and 31W is scaaaaaaaaaaary.

Fortunately, The Bookstore right here Radcliff stayed open to provide the latest dose of teenage vampire love to eager readers. So yay for them, and yay for me for not having to make a midnight run out of town!

No comments: